Even if you know a lot about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), you may still want to call in an SEO firm to help grow your own business. Unfortunately, knowing about SEO is simply not enough, not in the least because this knowledge must be kept up to date. But how do you find an SEO firm that is actually any good, when everybody seems to call themselves experts nowadays? Below are 10 top tips to look for.
Top Tips to Find a Great SEO Firm
- They should complete a site evaluation. This means they tell you how you currently rank and whether or not your design is any good. They should also provide you with a custom work proposal based on this information.
- They should use advanced keyword identification tools. They need to explain how they find keywords, using things like Google AdWords and more, and why they choose the ones they feel matter most.
- They must explain where they will find backlinks, which are vital to full optimization. These links should be of high quality, because quality is more important than quantity in the eyes of Google.
- They should be able to explain what they will charge for what and why. The quote should be very detailed and there shouldn’t be any misleading fine print.
- They should be able to tell you how long they expect to take to see some results, and what kind of results you can expect. However, they should not be able to provide you with any guarantees, as they have no control over what other people do. A good SEO campaign usually takes between six and 18 months to show any real results.
- They must be able to explain the techniques and strategies that they intend to use. Be wary of black hat tactics such as spam advertising or deceiving the algorithms of the search engines.
- They should be able to provide you with targeted traffic and explain how this differs from plain traffic. Plain traffic actually gets your site ranking down. Targeted traffic is obtained through press releases, social media, and other relevant channels.
- Their deliverables should be transparent. This means they should be happy to provide you with regular reports and updates on how they are performing and on whether or not they are meeting the targets that they had expected. These reports should be highly detailed, showing exactly where which traffic is coming from, and which strategies are proving to be the most successful.
- They should offer monthly or quarterly reports to showcase whether you are seeing a return on investment.
- They should guarantee their performance. This is not the same as guaranteeing results, however.
With these 10 considerations, you should be able to find an SEO agency that works properly and delivers what you need. Do your research, find reviews of the company, and ask for a portfolio. In so doing, you will make sure their work is most likely to become successful for you.