If you’re looking to generate more business, Instagram is a great way to do so.
According to SimplyGram Reviews, Instagram is an online social media network that allows users to share photos and videos with other people. In addition, users can follow others, comment on their posts, and learn more about the people they are following through profiles that contain links to websites or even snaps of important documents.
Why did it take off?
Well, when you’re looking at the sheer numbers, you’ll see it’s pretty impressive.
This is what makes Instagram so valuable to businesses:
- 268 Million – Average Daily Active Users on Instagram
- 17% of total US smartphone users – more than Twitter and Pinterest put together
So how do you use this social media site to generate more business? That’s what we’re going to cover today.
Social Media Marketing
Instagram is one of the best ways to reach your target market, even if they aren’t on Instagram yet or have never heard of it! It allows you to put yourself out there and keeps your business top of mind. You can upload professional shots to generate interest or share more personal snaps that show your brand’s personality.
Let’s face it; people love seeing behind-the-scenes looks, especially in small businesses where they feel like insiders.
To create a successful Instagram profile, you must:
- Make your Instagram profile look good, and streamlining your business is a must. Using free online tools like Instagress, FollowLiker, and Crowdfire, you can easily gain followers and build a strong foundation to increase your exposure.
- Make an awesome profile.
- Your profile picture should be branded. It should look professional, so people know what they’re getting if they decide to follow you.
For businesses, headshots are the most effective. The first image on your account should be engaging and show personality. You can choose between a square or circle format for your profile picture. If you take pictures on other devices, check out this post to ensure all of your Instagram images will make the cut.
Make a good first impression.
When people click on your profile, they should see a well-organized page. This is one of the most important aspects of keeping followers engaged and sticking around.
Use appropriate hashtags
Hashtags can be tricky, so make sure you use them correctly by following these tips:
- Use no more than 2-3 hashtags per photo. You want to be relevant, not spammy.
- Find the most popular Instagram marketing tools out there today. They’re simple to set up and can help you grow your audience on this platform.
Once you have a steady following, it’s time to start uploading your content. Here are some great tips for that:
Use a consistent color scheme on each of your pictures.
Keep your pictures looking professional by using an edited photo or using the filters on Instagram to make them look nice and neat.
Take consistency into account on things like spacing – do you want your profile picture to always be on the left? Maybe you want a consistent border of your company’s colors on all photos. There are no rules here, but it pays off in the long run to have some sort of consistency going on.