Australia, being the smallest continent, yet the sixth largest country, is known for its natural wonders and venomous animals. There are lots to see in Australia. The people, the astonishing landscape and sceneries, and of course the kangaroos! But the country will not be left behind when it comes to gambling because Australia has the biggest number of casino gamblers. Whether land-based casino or online casino, it does not matter to Aussies as long as it is gambling. Online casino has been the real trend after the pandemic hit in all parts of the world. It is better to shift online because it is a safer gambling environment. One of the most trusted online casinos is Rolling Casino. It is a trusted online site where you can gamble wherever and whenever you want. Check them out for more information. The site will not disappoint you.
Moreover, to tell more about Australian gambling, the first gambling was horse-racing that started in the 1850s and then betting was legally permitted in 1930. Lotteries first appeared in 1920s and it was operated by the government. In 1956, poker machines were legally permitted in New South Wales. It was in the city of Hobart where the first casino was legally established in 1973 and then three others followed in Launceston, Alice Springs and Darwin. And in 1990, two-up game was legalized. It is a traditional Australian game where the designated “spinner” throws two coins into the air and players wager on whether the coins will land with both heads up, both tails up, or one coin with both heads and tails. We can see how gambling was so dear to the hearts of Aussies before and even up to these days.
Here are the 10 facts about Australian gambling:
- 80% of the Australian adults are engaged in gambling.
- When the pandemic hit, Australian online gamblers rose to 78%.
- An average Australian gambler loses $1,260 a year.
- There are about 200,000 gaming machines in Australia, or one for every 100 adults.
- Australians wager more money per capita on sports betting, poker, internet casinos, land-based casinos, and other types of gambling making spend a total of $18 billion on gaming each year.
- 16% of the Australians start to gamble even before they turn 18.
- 54.2% of the gamblers in Australia are men.
- Almost half of full-time Australians bet on a regular basis.
- The Australian government collects roughly $6 billion in gambling revenue each year.
- Since 1994, Australians have been able to gamble from the comfort of their own homes.
In this article, we cannot deny the fact that it is really Australians who are the biggest gamblers of all time. The reason behind this fact is not about history, but it is about marketing, said by Professor Harvey. However, when it comes to casino games, it is always the game of baccarat that most of the gamblers talk about. The game is so easy to play and it can also be played on an online casino by going through the baccarat site. If you want to earn and play, visit www.name-pics.com. Invest little and earn more!
In addition to all these, the fun and convenience factor of online casino gaming is taken to a whole new level if the website that you decide to play on employs the services of an SEO iGaming company. That’s because chances are, compared to other online casinos, it has a better overall user experience due to enhanced loading page time, web navigation, and the like. Be responsible and have fun.