Affiliate marketing is one of the most profitable industries that allows you to make money from home. This sector is worth $12 billion and is growing annually. All you need is to make a good start. We made this guide to help you if you don’t want to check affiliate marketing online courses.
What if I don’t have any channels, blogs, subscribers?
The answer is simple: use what you have. To get started, rally the resources that are available to you. These could be:
- Your accounts in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), even if your only friends there are your acquaintances, colleagues and relatives.
- Chats in messengers Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber (the more participants the better).
- Any other websites where you already have accounts or it is easy to register: message boards, blogs, recommendation services.
They all have one thing in common: these are the platforms where people communicate, express their thoughts, discuss things they consider important, and ask questions.
Social network account
Now, it is time to take action. What can you do? Let’s start with your social network accounts.
- Remember the things you bought recently: clothes, shoes, children’s products… The important condition here is that it must be a more or less well-known brand and this product must be sold in an online store. Even if you made your purchase offline, the same product must be available online.
- Find this product in the online store, go to its page, and copy the link through a browser extension. It will be a great advantage if this product is available in several stores, and you can choose the best offer in terms of price and conditions.
- Write a review of the product: describe the things you liked, why you chose it, what you compared it with, and how you would rate it. Literally one paragraph of text will suffice — there is no need to write an extended essay. The important thing is that you really like and use this product, otherwise the review will look insincere.
- Post the review on your page in Facebook, Twitter or other social network, and don’t forget to attach an active link to it.
Let’s move on to chat rooms, dialogs and correspondence in social networks and instant messengers. What do you usually do in them? You discuss topical issues and problems, you share experiences, and ask for advice. Others do the same, and you can help them.
It is likely that you talked with people on message boards and in comments on social networks at least once, answered questions from unfamiliar users on the Internet, or even kept an online journal. Let us see what you can do:
- Choose a topic you have an opinion about and products for which you can provide honest feedback.
- Surf your favorite websites, message boards, groups in social networks, and recommendation services.
- Leave your opinion in the discussion threads and support it with links. Be sincere and friendly, share your experiences, and tell stories.
- Before you post any links, read the rules of the service, just in case: if the terms prohibit posting affiliate links (and links in general), then you really should not do it.
What NOT to do
Here is what we do not recommend:
- Simply dropping the link without a caption. It will look strange in your feed in Facebook (your subscribers will think that you have been hacked), and it will look inappropriate in a conversation.
- Spamming. There is no need to flood your correspondence with friends and acquaintances, message boards and comment sections with loads of links ― they should be on topic and they should be useful.
- Writing blatantly advertising texts and/or copy them from other websites. People do not believe advertisements ― they are far more interested in your personal opinion.
Most importantly, do not hesitate! If you want to make nice money from anywhere in the world, you are welcome.