While you might see a lot of tall trees spreading greenery and goodness out to the world, but with changing time, indoor plants have been proved to be no less even. The power of that Lil bundle of joy which shines the brightest even lying at some corner of your house is something often underrated by many people. Whether people have a green thumb or not, people like to bring home indoor plants not to just flaunt it as a decor item. But, also it is favoured because of its innate properties of acting as an inflow of “Chi” to even purifying the air around us. They might be Lil in their size, but their capability is something which one cannot deny falling in love with. So, here are a few indoor plants that cast a magical spell on its owners, as they are brought indoors.
- Asparagus Fern – Cutesy, fluffy in its appearance, it might seem like too many as a fern, but it’s not. Although, it tolerates a lot more difficult conditions with ease than other ferns. It adapts to both bright spots and darker corners. And one needs to keep the soil moist and for it to thrive.
- Peperomia – One of the trendiest succulents, a peperomia plant has got waxy leaves that helps it to do best in humid conditions. Such species can even flourish under fluorescent lights.
- Spider Plant – Nothing seems better than a spider plant. Period! Having an appeal quite similar to that of spider-web, this plant is an excellent air-purifying plant. Available in green or variegated varieties, these spiderettes often start out as small white flowers.
- Peace Lily – An ornamental plant with white, serene flowers seems no less than a dream, in itself. Peace lilies can “almost grow in a fish tank”. Yes, you heard us, right! And according to the findings of NASA, this powerful plant can also filter toxins from the air.
- Aloe Vera – Its spiky leaves certainly look cool, and they’ll really thrive on your desk or bedside table. Get one aloe vera plant at your home you will fall in love with its superpowers immediately. From being able to treat various skin conditions to have a calming effect, and aloe vera plant is something which will end up making one say “Aloe, you very much!”
- English Ivy – Beauty at its best! An English Ivy plant beings sheer joy not just with its long tendrils hang from mantel or shelf, but also cleans the air, that you breathe, like a pro. So, make sure to bring this beauty indoors, as it is effective at cleansing benzene, formaldehyde, xylene and toluene from the air.
- Calathea – Also known as “Prayer plants”. This plant species are grown for their foliage alone, and it’s quite evident. Comes in purple, green, pink, and red leaves, Calathea is quite a showstopping plant that puts on quite the show. For the best results, keep the plant moist (not drenched) and avoid bright light.
So, these were a few indoor plants which you can think of bringing in your house nest not just for beautification purposes but also, for their beautiful innate properties.