Meetings, congresses, workshops, or celebrations; no matter the occasion, a corporate event has to leave a positive impression on the attendees, be they customers, colleagues, investors, etc. With this in mind, we have created a mini guide with six tips so that the event organised by your company creates the expected results.
- Dialogue between HR and the participants: It is essential that the workers in charge of the event know who will participate in it. It is important to understand the target audience. Otherwise, you run the risk of offering a schedule that does not interest, for example, a long conference for Generation Y.
- Democratic commission: The development of all the areas that will benefit from the event is very important. For that, the ideal is to create a commission with a representative of each participating sector. These people can give suggestions and talk about their expectations, so all involved in the event feel included in the planning process. At this time, the role of the event director is to guide the discussion and reject or accept ideas.
- Transform the event into an experience: Circus classes, the creation of a samba school and even collective hypnosis. All these are innovative approaches which have been applied to corporate events. By transforming the event into a playful moment, an unforgettable experience, or a creative epiphany, the attendees enjoy it more and it increases the commitment to the company.
- Opportunities for meetings: One of the most interesting things about corporate events is to allow meetings between colleagues who do not know each other personally or might not have had the opportunity to meet in person previously. For this reason, it is important to devote a part of the programming for this purpose, especially so that any external representatives or visitors have a chance to meet with key personnel.
- Use technology: Technological innovations are some of your best allies when it comes to planning a corporate event. Ensure all presentation, projection, and other audio-visual needs, etc. are well sourced from a specialist AV hire supplier. Also, specific applications created for the occasion can, for example, help to keep everyone informed about the programming and allow data to be collected from the participants, such as food requirements, among others, as well as being useful for sharing photos of the event. These resources also show that the company is ready for the future.
- Giving continuity: The objectives and themes debated in the event should not be forgotten. To guarantee the efficiency of a meeting or workshop, it is necessary to plan how the workers will apply what was discussed. For example, if this goes into the expected budget it has to be estimated not only for the day of the event, but for all that it implies, both before and after.